Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HTML Framer

• Please log in to reply

sukony

sukony

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, Just now I got this message on my home page Facebook:

"Danger: AVG Active Surf-Shield has detected active threats on this page and has blocked access for your protection."

Also: URL: api.conduit.com/BrowserCompApi.js

NAME: Virus found HTML/Framer

I'm a retired grandma (ok, I'm not that old!)...I have some knowledge but pretty limited regarding my computer! Does anyone know what this all means?

Thanks anyone....I appreciate your help. I've already been accessing Facebook today before this happened.

cheers
sukony

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP
Judging by the current rash of posts on this issue, all with AVG, I expected that this was a false positive and this post from the AVG Forum:
"Hello all,

please be informed that false positive detection "HTML/Framer" (www.google.com/recaptcha/api/js/recaptcha_ajax.js, BrowserCompAp.js) was already fixed with latest virus database update 271.1.1/3006 released 7/15/2010 6:44 AM CEST.

Please update AVG virus database and check the websites once again.

Apologies for any inconveniences.

Thank you"

http://forums.avg.co...8399#post_98399

proves it. Update to the latest AVG definitions and it should go away.

This is the second time AVG has had this same false positive. Last time was back in 2008.

Ron