Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Fat -> NTFS restore

• Please log in to reply

incubuds

incubuds

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Arrrrrgh!

Converted a pc from 98 to 2k for my flatmate, which is something i have done several times and have never messed up. But this time I managed to convert C to ntfs without backing up or partitioning beforehand - stupidly working on one pc and installing on another. I realise this is probably hopeless, but is there ANY way to get back his millions of documents?

hopefully soon before he kills me...

Advertisements

KPenner

KPenner

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
im sorry but to the best of my knowledge everything has been deleted. nothing can be saved.

Edited by KPenner, 23 May 2005 - 04:35 PM.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Just an upgrade or did you do a clean install (partition, format and install) when you went from 98 to Win2000??

There are some third party programs that "MAY" allow you to recover some of the files - just do a google or dogpile search for "File Recovery" (no quotes)..

Murray