- The raw video's audio sounds normal in Windows Media Player, Real Player, Quick Time & VLC Media Player.
- The raw video's audio sounds normal in Windows Movie Maker preview, but not in the editing section or after it's been saved.
- The raw video's audio does not sound normal in the trakAxPC preview.
- I have Windows XP.
- I have two cameras, a Pentax with MOV files and a Pentax with AVI files, videos from both have the same issue.
- the videos used to be just fine from the Pentax with MOV files camera. I would put them on my computer, use Xvid to convert (sound quality remained good) then used WMM to edit. Then one day about a year ago, the same converted vids would not load into WMM. WMM said I had to download some codecs, so I did that and got it to work again, but I was never able to get the video or audio quality back with Xvid so I went with a different converter. About this time is when the audio started sounding twangy.
- I bought a new camera with AVI files so I wouldn't have to convert, but the audio problem in editing software still remains.
- I just removed ffdshow from my computer today, but that didn't help.
- I'm assuming this is a codec problem, but I'm not that tech savvy, so I'm not sure.
- I tried using the newest video clip I have on a different computer (in Windows Movie Maker & trakAxPC, also XP) and the audio turned out twangy in the editing part only (fine in the viewing section).
- WMM and traxAxPC help sections don't have anything about this other than codec issues...
So all my videos sound totally normal if I don't edit them in any way shape or form. And this only applies to videos that I take with my cameras. And if I load my unedited videos to Youtube, they are just fine.
Thanks for any help ~ and let me know if I need to add more info or anything. (^-^)
Edited by luckydoll, 14 July 2010 - 11:33 PM.