Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio problems when using video editing software

• Please log in to reply

luckydoll

luckydoll

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Whenever I load my videos that I take on my digital camera into an editing software program (Windows Movie Maker and trakAxPC) the sound of my voice goes from normal to this twangy, annoying sound. At first I thought it was my camera, so I bought a new camera, but the new camera's videos do the same thing. The new camera has HD video recording capacity.

- The raw video's audio sounds normal in Windows Media Player, Real Player, Quick Time & VLC Media Player.
- The raw video's audio sounds normal in Windows Movie Maker preview, but not in the editing section or after it's been saved.
- The raw video's audio does not sound normal in the trakAxPC preview.
- I have Windows XP.
- I have two cameras, a Pentax with MOV files and a Pentax with AVI files, videos from both have the same issue.
- the videos used to be just fine from the Pentax with MOV files camera. I would put them on my computer, use Xvid to convert (sound quality remained good) then used WMM to edit. Then one day about a year ago, the same converted vids would not load into WMM. WMM said I had to download some codecs, so I did that and got it to work again, but I was never able to get the video or audio quality back with Xvid so I went with a different converter. About this time is when the audio started sounding twangy.
- I bought a new camera with AVI files so I wouldn't have to convert, but the audio problem in editing software still remains.
- I just removed ffdshow from my computer today, but that didn't help.
- I'm assuming this is a codec problem, but I'm not that tech savvy, so I'm not sure.
- I tried using the newest video clip I have on a different computer (in Windows Movie Maker & trakAxPC, also XP) and the audio turned out twangy in the editing part only (fine in the viewing section).
- WMM and traxAxPC help sections don't have anything about this other than codec issues...

So all my videos sound totally normal if I don't edit them in any way shape or form. And this only applies to videos that I take with my cameras. And if I load my unedited videos to Youtube, they are just fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help ~ and let me know if I need to add more info or anything. (^-^)

Edited by luckydoll, 14 July 2010 - 11:33 PM.

Advertisements