Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

flash player problem?

• Please log in to reply

tuckers

tuckers

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
orning,

wonder if you could help?
for the last month or so, since updating adobe flash player. I now have massive issues with you tube and other flash videos not playing correctly, verryyyy veerryy slow constantly buffering. I never had this problem before. All flash files use to load normally and play normally.

I have visited numerous forums and tried around fifteen suggestions to sort issues.

Foe example.
Uninstalling reinstalling flash
Installing older flash
deleting internet explorer and using fire fox!!
changing settings
Downloading different platforms.

to no avail.

Dont know whether this is important but had a massive issue downloading updates for windows. It would not update a platform. yellow shield permanently kept appearing then failing in update.

Please help ??

regards

Phil

also used new tuneup utilites, spy blaster to help combat, deleted cache, reinstalled java etc

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
so you've had issues with flash being laggy and then you also had issues with windows update. It's been several days since you first posted. Have you been able to install windows updates yet?

I recommend this tool to uninstall flash completely. This will remove all instances of flash from your system. After that just go back to Adobe and download the latest version.

Certifiably Blonde

Certifiably Blonde

• PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
I've had the same problem lately tuckers. I've uninstalled & reinstalled Adobe Flash to no avail. Where it fails to operate for me is trying to play Literati or FB's Wordscraper. Also, I can't seem to successfully install my Windows Updates. My virus scans are clear so I'm really at a loss as to what to do next. I'm running Vista Home version.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
If your having problems with windows update, please post in the Windows xp forum at G2G. We can get you the right help.

Certifiably Blonde

Certifiably Blonde

• PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
sorry Starjax...Im on Vista