Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HTML/Framer

• Please log in to reply

yayanana

yayanana

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I started getting an AVG warning about HTML/Framer yesterday. I had deleted all Temporary Internet fioles...and no luck. I have done all of the steps in your Malware and Spyware Clean up from TFC and ERUNT reboots and OTL. I am attaching the MBAM log and the results of the OTL. The .docx attachement is what happened when I ran GMER. I think it is NOT RIGHT - the System 32 file that is. NOW....I had been getting an MSVCP.dll not found error and downloaded and installed a new one a couple daays ago. Do you think that has anything to do with either the System 32 file not found or the HTML/Framer. I get the AVG warnings whenever I connect with IE 8 to the Internet. Would reinstalling windows do anything?

I cannot upload the Word doc. The message I got when running "GMER" was "C:\Windows\system32\config\system: The system cannot find the file specified." The scan ran on everything else and the result was "GMER hasn't found any system modification."

Nevermind about HTML/FRAMER. I just found the newest post on the subject.

BTW....What's with my system32 file though??

Attached Files

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
GMER doesn't understand 64 bit systems that well so don't worry about it.

HTML/Framer was a false positive as I think you know by now. The latest definitions should have stopped it.

In the future do not attach files. Just copy and paste as they are much easier to read that way.

If you are still worried then:

Copy (Highlight and Ctrl + c) the next line.

http://www.bitdefend...nline/free.html

Close all programs and browsers. Right click and select Run As Administrator on IE or FireFox icon on your desktop and then click on the area where you put in the URL and paste (Ctrl + v). The line you copied should appear. Hit Enter. Then follow the instructions.

Ron

yayanana

yayanana

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks!