Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP freezes during install reboot, 20x now

• Please log in to reply

scooter715

scooter715

• Pip
  • 1 posts
A friend brought me there PC to work on, they had a lot of viruses. I formatted the drive and when i began to re-install XP home SP2, at the point where it reboots itself the first time, when the splash screen comes up and everything freezes until infinity. i have tried this like 20 times. i have tried rebooting into safe mode with the same results. I have disconnected the modem, floppy but still nothing. i have deleted and then reset up the partition. nothing seems to work. I really want to get this back to my friend because i have had it for two weeks. please let me know anything that i can try. thanks so much for any and all suggestions.

Advertisements

SHENGTON

SHENGTON

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
Hello scooter, good day. :)

It seems the hard drive have lots of bad sectors. Usually in the middle of installing the process stop because the hard disk have bad sectors.

Try another hard disk to know if the drive is already damaged.

Take care and God bless. :)