Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

The briefcase

• Please log in to reply

El Barto

El Barto

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

I don't know if I am posting this in the correct forum, but its the best suiting one I could see, please do move this post if it is in the incorrect area.

I am using Microsoft Windows XP on all the computers involved here. I know how to use a briefcase to takes files from my main computer to a laptop (or in my case a USB flash drive) then make changes to them and come back to my computer and click update all to change the files on my computer to the ones that have been changed on my USB flash drive.

What I am wondering is if there is a way of having two seperate computers then using a briefcase on a USB flash drive (or some thing else maybe) to keep the files between the two syncronized? So if I make changes to my second computers files I then update the briefcase and then from this I can update the files on my first computer.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can give me, El Barto.

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi El Barto. Welcome to Geeks to Go! I found this on M$ knowledge base. Take a look:
I did a search of their knowledge base on "briefcase". They no doubt have everying you ever wanted to know about it (well, lets hope so anyway).