Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can only connect to the internet in safe mode!

• Please log in to reply

Aukake

Aukake

• PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
My gf's dads laptop, a Toshiba laptop. and recently his computer has been very slow. Cant connect the internet. it says on the routers setting at 192.168.0.1 that he is connected, but he isnt getting internet. only when i run the computer in safemode that i works. i have ran malwarebyts(50things erased), Trojan Remover(nothing popped up), and TFC and only 9mb of stuff was cleared. So i dont know what else to do.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Probably in normal mode another third-party driver is conflicting with the network driver.

When you boot into "Safe Mode with Networking" this doesn't happen because Windows does not load any third-party drivers except the network driver.

Ask him if he's installed any device-drivers drivers recently, or any application which installs a virtual driver such as burning software, firewall etc.

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
I suspect you still have malware left on that laptop.

Please head over to the malware forum and get an 'all-clear' from the malware doctors before pursuing other ends.

If you still have issues after the malware doctors declare you clear, then post back in this thread so that we can help you further.

Regards,
Olrik