Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New system not playing DVDs

• Please log in to reply

Felix777

Felix777

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hope you can help. I have a new ASUS P5G41M motherboard with Intel G41 Express Chipset, a Samsung SC-S223C SATA Optical drive and an ASUS MS226 monitor. My operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. The dvd drive can read and load program discs and plays audio cds without a problem. When I tried to play a dvd movie, I would get an error message from Nero 9 "CSS Copy Protection failure". Windows Media Player says there is a "problem with Digital Copy protection between dvd drive, display adaptor and monitor and suggests I update the display driver. I found on the net that it could be a codec problem so I have installed XP Codec Pack, K Lite codec Pack, K Lite 64 bit codec pack and I have also installed VLC player. I can get a few dvds to play on Media Player Classic but most have an error message "DVD copy protect fail" and VLC just doesn't play anything. I have just had this system fully tested by the supplier to fix a BSOD problem and it has not missed a beat as far as loading programs and anything else I want to put it through but this dvd thing is very annoying. I have seen quite a few similar problems going back to 2007 but the answers given have not worked for me. Can anyone help?

Advertisements