Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble with CD-ROM's with FLV files.

• Please log in to reply

KINNEY1978

KINNEY1978

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
I am working with some CD-ROMs for a college course. It contains FLV files that are meant to play with Adobe Flash player when the different module tabs are clicked. The strange thing that is happening is that it will play on some of the office computers but not all. This may pose a problem for the students who will recieve the disks. Just today I was able to successfully play the disk on 3 XP computers, 1 vista, however, there are three or 4 other PC's that have XP that it would not play on, and a PC that had Windows 7 that wouldn't play either.

The adobe flash player window comes up but just stays black. No error message.

Is there a plug in, codec, or setting that needs adjustment?

These need to be able to play on all PC's without installing any other players. Adobe Flash Player should be enough.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Check the edition of the Adobe Flash Player. Some of the earlier editions did not originally include the codecs necessary for all SWF and FLV files. These were released on updates.
It is easier to simply go to Adobe and download the latest 10.1 (I think) edition.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 16 July 2010 - 10:16 AM.

KINNEY1978

KINNEY1978

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Check the edition of the Adobe Flash Player. Some of the earlier editions did not originally include the codecs necessary for all SWF and FLV files. These were released on updates.
It is easier to simply go to Adobe and download the latest 10.1 (I think) edition.

Ok, will check. What about my Laptop with Windows 7? I have updated the flash player to the most recent and am still getting nothing.

Thanks in advance.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
I have no experience of Windows 7. XP, Vista and Ubuntu yes. 7 no. but see this
http://www.windows7d...ords=flv player