Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Running 32bit...

• Please log in to reply

Incoming

Incoming

• PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
I have windows 7 64bit ..

My hard drive is 500 GB (I start with 451 I guess because of Windows)

4gb ram

but it only runs in 32bit.

IS there a way to make it run 64bit? Will it be faster / more efficient when playing games or doing things like that?

I'm new to working with the actual computer rather than software, so please go lightly, thanks.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
What do you mean by "it only runs in 32-bit"? What is only running in 32-bit?

BrettM WinTeam

BrettM WinTeam

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Try updating your drivers. All hardware devices need 64-bit drivers to work on a 64-bit version of Windows. Drivers designed for 32-bit versions of Windows don't work on computers running 64-bit versions of Windows.

To learn how to check for drivers, see Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly or go to the device manufacturer's website. You can also get information about drivers by going to the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor website.

I hope this helps!

Brett M,
Windows Outreach Team