Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Macbook

• Please log in to reply

trucker

trucker

• PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
Hi and thanks up front. I got a used Macbook for my granddaughter to hopefully get her through high school. shes still young but loves the art programs. Her mom will also use it in collage now.

So this is what we have to work with.

Mac OS X
Processor 2 GHz Intel Core Duo

Memory 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
160 GB HD

This came with a disk the last owner said he couldn't reformat. But this is what i would like to do, take it to factory specs. clean install.
I do have a few HD to play with just in case so thats an option if i need it.

Right now from power on to Login user screen is about 1.5 minutes not sure if that right on not.
and I can't connect to the Internet on a consistent basis. with wired DSL or threw airport. both have worked at times from the same locations.
I could use some help here. Thanks

My 1st Mac but I've done some with Linux

Advertisements

fisheromacs

fisheromacs

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
If you have the restore/install DVD's i would pull the current hard drive with the 'slow' booting OS and put in a empty drive, boot to the DVD, format the drive, and install the OS.

This way you would still have the old drive just in case and would have a fresh system to work with.