Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Shopping for a Region-Free Portable DVD Player

• Please log in to reply

capper

capper

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
We live in Japan and in addition to a new laptop, I'm looking to buy a portable region-free DVD player for my 2 young kids to use at home and while traveling. I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions for me regarding what to get.

Here's some information:

*I don't want to spend more than $100 (including shipping if possible)
*they are expensive in Japan -- buying them abroad can be worse with the cost of shipping
*however, will be meeting a family member coming from Canada next month and could have an item shipped to that person's house so they could bring it to us in their carry-on baggage
*a small screen size (7") is fine because it is for travel, while at home can be hooked up to a TV
*battery life is important - would like 4 hours or more if possible or else be able to use an extra battery

If anyone has experience with these portable players, I appreciate any suggestions.

Advertisements