Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Logon errors when trying to start programs

• Please log in to reply

LRMB

LRMB

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, whenever I start up Windows and logon and I try to open a program such as Internet Explorer or iTunes, I always get a message that says “Process terminated unexpectedly” but it doesn’t have any numbers or any Error # either, it just says that message. Then, the program will close and the desktop will go blank for a moment, then start up again. This time when I try and open the program, it will work fine as if nothing had happened. I’m just worried it could turn into a more serious problem, plus it’s very annoying. Thank you for your help.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Does it affect only programs, which use internet?

Incoming

Incoming

• PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Does it affect only programs, which use internet?

iTunes startup doesn't automatically connect to the internet, just the Local. Only the song shop/games/etc connects to the internet :)

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Go Start>Run ("Start Search" in Vista/7), type in:
sfc /scannow
Click OK (hold CTRL, and SHIFT, hit Enter in Vista/7).
Have Windows CD/DVD handy (with Vista/7, most likely, you won't need it).
If System File Checker (sfc) will find any errors, it may ask you for the CD/DVD (rarely in Vista/7 case).