Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Recovered Word File

• Please log in to reply

flaminbru

flaminbru

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I've formatted a hard drive and subsequently realised that I had not done a full backup so I've used recover my files software to scan it. Worked out great and I managed to get all my files back. However, one word document opens up full of nonsense characters. I am assuming that this is because it was a password protected word document and the recovery software was unable to decrypt it. any ideas how all these junk symbols can be converted to their original form?

Thanks

Brian

Advertisements

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Not sure if any solution here will work for you, but may give you ideas: Microsoft Word

If you have the encryption program you may have used on the file, try using it first. Possibly it has become corrupted. Might help: How to repair a damaged Word document

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Have encountered a similar problem..

Looks like you are spamming as don't need a link considering what original topic is.

Edited by dsenette, 28 July 2010 - 08:21 AM.

johnmichle515

johnmichle515

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi !

you can use a third party word file recovery software to recover your all deleted or corrupted files. such kind of software is Kernel software for ms word file recovery. It works really well and very powerful.I have used it few months ago.It recover all my ms word file and also repair my corrupted word file.

Thanks