Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Star Wars Battlefront 2 Directx Problem

• Please log in to reply

iaboy12

iaboy12

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi. I had a problem recently with my primary hard drive, so I was using my secondary one until I got a new one. I got it and started getting it all set up, which included installing my favorite game, star wars battlefront 2. After I installed it, I can't get it to run. I keep getting the message, 'Star Wars Battlefront II needs to update your DirectX installation before you proceed! Do you want to perform the update now?' I click yes and it goes through the license agreement and then says that the components are installed and ready to use. It doesn't actually install anything because I have Windows 7 and DirectX 11. But then if I try to start the game again, it gives the same message. While my main drive was down, I installed it on my other drive and it worked fine with Windows 7 and the same computer specs. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, but still get the same problem. System specs:
Core 2 Duo E6400
4 gb RAM
Radeon X1600 video card
2 x 250 Gb hard drives in a RAID (primary)
320 Gb hard drive (secondary)

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Even though you are running windows 7, lets go ahead and update your directx:
http://www.microsoft...6a-9b6652cd92a3

This will update any files that need to be updated. Let us know the results

iaboy12

iaboy12

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I updated it, same results.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
when you run the install (and game) please go to the installer and right click. Choose "run as administrator".

josh1998

josh1998

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i did all this and i got the same results