Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AVG antivirus software

• Please log in to reply

Ellwoody

Ellwoody

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I'm hoping someone can assist with this very annoying situation. I put AVG9 antivirus on my computer for the 30 day trial. I have decided not to go with them and tried to delete it. Thinking I had done it ok I then deleted the shortcut fully. Now I find that AVG is still there and when I try to delete it - it won't go it keeps coming up with "Uninstall failed - 1 error and 2 warnings occurred". Then it goes on to tell me "local machine installation failed" "SetupUninstallOEMinfW for fw driver failed - possible cause the system cannot find the file specified.
"AVGIDSAgent exe. stopping service. The request control is not valid for this service.
Rollback
"warning: Action failed for file avgfwfd.ird.file unregistration rollback.
AVG Firewall NDIS driver installation failed
Error Ox80070002 NDIS installation failed. restart needed.

And with all that it just keeps on coming at me. My machine is so slow now obviously because it is running somehow.

Please can anyone tell me how to get rid of this rediculous thing so that I can have my sanity back.

Thanks

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Download and install Revo Uninstaller
  • Double click the Revo Uninstaller icon on your desktop to start the program
  • Scroll through the listed programs and Right Click on the program you wish to uninstall
  • From the pop out menu choose Uninstall
  • Click Yes to the confirmation dialogue
  • In the next window select the Advanced mode
  • Click Next to start uninstalling the program
  • Answer Yes to confirm the uninstall
  • When the program has completed the four steps, click Next to allow the program to search for leftovers
  • Once complete, click Next, then Finish
  • Repeat the above steps for any other programs you wish to remove.

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Dowload AVG Remover Utility 9.0.0.658 it is a freeware utility that enables you to remove AVG in case the uninstallation process has failed repeatedly.

http://www.softpedia...G-Remover.shtml

Ellwoody

Ellwoody

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks for the responses - I have successfully removed the AVG product using the Revo Uninstaller which is brilliant. Again thank you.