Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Build for CAD, Modeling, Video Effects, Gaming

• Please log in to reply

xiscwarrior

xiscwarrior

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am looking to build a computer for 3D CAD(Autodesk Inventor), modeling, rendering, and animation(Maya, 3DS Max), running analytical simulations of systems, such as stress tests or design tests, performing advanced video editing(Adobe Premiere, After Effects), and of course I would like to be able to do some gaming(MW2, Crysis, Word In Conflict, ARMA II etc). I would also like the system to be upgradeable for as long as possible while still providing the best performance in these areas for the price range.

I have a Hanns G HH241 monitor that I will probably use to start with until later this year, as well as a standard keyboard and mouse. That being said, I would appreciate suggestions to replace these when I am able along with a sound system. These add ons are not part of the initial cost estimate.

This is the build I have come up with for around $1500-$2k. I am willing to completely change it if I find something better though so any advice is appreciated.

Motherboard: ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard

CPU: Intel i7-930 quad core 2.8 GHz

Video Card: HIS H587FN1GD Radeon HD 5870 iCooler V 1GB GDDR5 PCI Express x16 (2.1v)

RAM: CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMX6GX3M3C1600C7

Case: COOLER MASTER HAF 932 RC-932-KKN1-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower

Power Supply: CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W

Optical Drive/Burner: Optiarc DVDRW AD-7240S-01 24x SATA

CPU Cooler: Prolimatech Megahalems Rev. B

Hard Drive: 2x Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi and welcome mate, to be honest it looks pretty darn good! Any changes would just be nitpicking, really.