Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't install MBAM, can't run TFC or antivirus

• Please log in to reply

DoctorZaius

DoctorZaius

• Pip
  • 3 posts
HP Pavillion, Vista home premium.

Can't open Windows Mail or Windows Update (programs hang on opening), can't install MalwareBytes after downloading (hangs), can't rename MBAM.exe (hangs), can't run TFC (freezes after a second or so), can't run Windows Live OneCare, can't Uninstall Windows Live OneCare (hangs), can't run OneCareCleanUp (uninstaller).

I can open other executables like Excel and Word, and MSIE.

Live OneCare expired and I was running unprotected when it happened (Dang! What the [bleep] was I thinking!?)

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

DoctorZaius

DoctorZaius

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Update:

In safe mode I was able to install MBAM, and run the cleaner to remove Windows Live OneCare, even though upon attempting to install Microsoft Security essentials or AVG they both claim OneCare is still installed.

Ran MBAM (in normal mode) and it found nothing.

I Cannot run OTL (It hangs at the "creating restore point" (for hours))

I'm frustrated since I cannot even seem to provide y'all with any log to start on. Is there anything I can do?