Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iTunes could not connect to the iTunes store. The network connection w

• Please log in to reply

bow-peep

bow-peep

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi there,

I'm having an issue accessing the ITunes store, downloading album art work ect. If I try to connect to the Store for instance I get an error message reading

"ITunes could not connect to the ITunes store. The network connection was refused. Make sure your network settings are correct and your network connection is active then try again"

After following ITunes internal help system and googling around I can't really find myself a solution. I've checked my firewall settings on my computer and ITunes is an exception, I turned off the Firewall entirely, I'm definitely connected, I've repaired ITunes, uninstalled and then reinstalled and still nothing. I can't work out what I need to do to fix it.

My ITunes has always connected fine (I've had it on my computer around 9 months) around a month ago my computer got a virus and AVG (free) put said virus into the vault.

I can still connect to Spotify and the Internet fine so it only seems to be ITunes thats not working properly.

Any Suggestions?

I'm a PC user with Windows XP if that helps at all.

Advertisements

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
Please open iTunes, go to Help, Run Diagnostics, then make sure Network Connectivity Tests is selected and click Next. Then post the entire report here when you get time.

Edited by Spyderturbo007, 19 July 2010 - 06:22 AM.

bow-peep

bow-peep

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I just get an error report with a load of information I can't highlight to copy, the only part I can is underneath the error information saying that (C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\2ef4_appcompat.txt) that file will be sent in the report.

bow-peep

bow-peep

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I just tried the

C:\Users\InsertUserNameHere\AppData\Local\Apple Computer\iTunes\iTunesPrefs.xml

you suggested previosuly but with my user name and still no luck :)

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

I just get an error report with a load of information I can't highlight to copy, the only part I can is underneath the error information saying that (C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\2ef4_appcompat.txt) that file will be sent in the report.

Can you provide a print screen of your error message? Also, can you manually navigate to the 2ef4_appcompat.txt file, open it and paste the contents here? You can also do a search for the file by going to Start -> Search and choosing "All Files and Folders". Click on More Advanced Options and place a check mark in the box that says "Search hidden files and folders" and also the one that says "Search System Folders". Then just enter the file name in the search box and hit the search box.