With WindowsGuard 2005 you can password protect your programs, windows and web pages in one easy to use program. It lets you lock features of your system so that nobody can use them while you are away. The program lets you specify a password and then choose from a variety of options - what features to lock, for example, the find tool, backing up, desktop, etc. All the options are listed within one window and they are self-explaining, so there is no need to wade your way through dozens of sub-folders and weird registry key values.
What's more, there is also encryption for your personal files and folders. It offers an all-in-one security solution for your computer. With extra features to lock the desktop, boot keys, task keys, blocking software installations and internet access.
Note: WindowsGuard 2005 comes in a Free and Premium edition in this single download. You have the option to upgrade to Premium if you desire at a later date.
In-depth feature listing of WindowsGuard 2005:
Windows Guard 2005
- Built-in programs: There are over 25 or the most common programs built-in for locking on the free version. Whilst premium users get over 50 built-in programs.
- Lock your own programs (Premium only): You can also add any of your own programs for locking. Though many are built-in.
- Fully configurable: The software comes with it's own Configuration tool, which is very user friendly, and if you get stuck there is a Help menu to hand.
- Password timer: You can set in seconds how long you want to give users to enter the password to access any locked programs. This can help deter hackers.
- Screen blank: You can have the screen blank in emergencies, this prevents any use of the computer, and blacks out the screen only leaving a password box to access the entire system.
- Hide access to the configuration tool: You can stop users from accessing the configuration tool by setting your own password on it. You can also stop them trying to guess the password by disabling the icon on the system tray.
- Extra Locking: Did will tell you about Extra Locking? This lets you lock even more features down on your PC. Such as the Desktop, My Computer, Internet Access, Internet Downloading, Software Installations and much more.
- Stop people installing software (Premium only): This is a must have for those of you who are sick of users installing software on your computers without your consent. With this feature just a simple click is all that's needed and the software will disable Setup programs, Installers, Self Extracting Exe's, Zip files, the lot.
- Help prevent viruses: Using the above feature to stop software installs, this will help prevent such viruses that may be contained in program the user is trying to install.
- Lock Files & Folders too: Keep users out of files or entire folders using the optional addon.
- Online help: Get help fast using the online help feature.
- It's easy to use: It will not bite! It is very easy to use, and looks nice too.
- 24 hour technical support: You can also email us for help, and our friendly staff will get back to you promptly.
- It's free: WindowsGuard 2005 is as it states FREE! There is no time limits, or restrictions in the free version what so ever.
WindowsGuard 2005 free
Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:34 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users