Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The Perfect Laptop?

• Please log in to reply

Bodiniho

Bodiniho

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hello everyone, just wondering if people have any recomendations for a laptop? I have £200-£300 to spend (the lower the better being a student) It's for mainly Uni so office and internet. However i would like it to be able to run Football Manager easily and preferably other games aswell. (don't play regually but would be nice none the less!). Also i already have Windows 7 so would be buying it without an operating system. I would just crack on... but due to gaming side of things and me having no knowledge of laptops and graphics cards... i thought i'd get some help!

Cheers, James.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
For £200-£300 ($307-$460 USD), you are not going to get much of a laptop. (And it would be a long, l-o-n-g way from 'perfect').

You can pick up a new Netbook (Atom CPU and no CD/DVD) in the lower end of that price range. The higher end would get you into a Celeron or Sempron machine (with a CD/DVD). None of these would be able to play any serious games.

Bodiniho

Bodiniho

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Ok... How much would a laptop that would run games such as... HL2, Cod 4, Age of empires 3, FM 2010, mid specs comfortably.....?

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
For the money, the Asus G73JH is good.

http://www.notebookr...=asus g73 g73jh

Bodiniho

Bodiniho

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
http://www.novatech....nge/xplora.html

What about this laptop?

£279.99

Processor ::
Description AMD Dual Core TK42 1.6Ghz Processor
Clockspeed 1.6Ghz
Manufacturer AMD

Memory ::
Description 2Gb 200Pin DDR2 800Mhz Memory

Harddrive ::
Description 250Gb 2.5" Hard Drive

Optical Drives ::
Description 8x SATA DVD Writer
Formats DVD-RW / CD-RW
Interface SATA

Graphics ::
Description ATI Radeon X1200 Mobile Graphics

Seems all good except i am unsure how good the graphics card is?