Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Downloads in firefox deleted when completed

• Please log in to reply

Dan2005

Dan2005

• Pip
  • 2 posts
First off my computer got infected about a week ago. I was able to fix all the problems by using this forum except this one. The ones i have fixed is the Google Redirect and a problem where my wave sound kept shutting off every few minutes and pop ups. AVG originally found 3 Trojans before i fixed the above, but i have since switched to AntiVir.

My problem is when i try to download something in either firefox or chrome, the download will automatically cancel, when i click retry, the file will download, but the second it is 100% the file disappears, nowhere to be found on the computer. This started the same time as the above that i was able to fix. I have ran Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, spybot, ad-aware, superspyware, avg, antiVir, Microsoft Security Essentials, Avast! Antivirus, as well a a few others i cant remember right now, some have found things, some have not, but none of them has fixed the problem. I have ran most of them in regular mode as well as safe-mode.

I will be great full for any help!
Dan

Advertisements

Dan2005

Dan2005

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
And i have XP pro if that helps.