Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WININET.dll not found (Please help?)

• Please log in to reply

jazzysmum

jazzysmum

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

My names Emma, I found this lovely website whilst browsing solutions via Google.

I do hope that someone can be of help please?

I purchased an Eee PC 901 for my 13 year old daughter a few months ago.
It came with just the box, laptop, charger and manuals.
No disc drive (shame).

It is running Windows XP Home Edition which was pre installed when laptop was purchased.

My daughter started it up and it came up with the usual windows updates which she agreed to install.
Whilst the updates were installing the laptop shut down due to a flat battery! :)

On trying to start it back up, she was faced with the following message:
[codebox]
Explorer.EXE - Unable To Locate Component
The application has failed to start because WININET.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.[/codebox]

Now the problem I have is... What application?

I really need to get this up and running before she goes back to high school as she relies on this for her school work.

I am not in the situation at the moment to purchase another or pay for someone to repair it.

The last computer repair person ripped us off and stripped our main family pc of parts and replaced them with very little :)

I really hope someone can help please.

Kindest Regards

Emma

P.S Please bare with me in regards to replying (I'm not being rude).
I'm just a very busy mum with children that like to keep me on my toes :) :)
I am also not the greatest when it comes to computers :)

Advertisements