Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ad-Aware won't finish scanning

• Please log in to reply

DK_CONFUSED

DK_CONFUSED

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Greetings:

I just got Cox Internet and apparently I have done something to infect my computer with some sort of spyware/adware process called “BMan”. I’m using XP by the way. I have been trying to download Ad-Aware but in the middle of the scan my system restarts. An error message pops up that says:

[Windows is now shutting down . Please save all data.

Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Service terminated unexpectedly

NT Authority\System]

It gives me 45 seconds to save things and then restarts automatically. One time during the 45 seconds I hit Cntrl-Alt-Del to see what processes were running and a process called “BMan” was running alongside my Ad-Aware. I tried going directly to the process and removing the process tree, but that hasn’t worked b/c it comes right back up when the computer restarts.

How can I get Ad-Aware to stop restarting so I can have this adware removed from my computer?

Advertisements