Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Antimalware doctor, Ati2vag blue screen, and many other problems

• Please log in to reply

Amonra17

Amonra17

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello I am new to this site so please forgive me if I am not suppose to be posting so many problems in one message but I am not sure that the problems are not related.

I have an toshiba laptop computer and run it with windows XP. I've had it for a few years now with no problems that I could not handle with good virus protection. However within the past few months reoccurring problems began to arise.

1.) When I start my computer I get an alert saying my firewall is not running but the message disappears after a while, but I am worried because the messages never appeared until a couple months ago.

2.) I get many error messages the latest ones are that module cannot find C:\Windows\anatatums.dll and module cannot find sdyyp.dll (these started popping up this week)

3.) I have been getting attacked repeatedly by rogue antiviruses, trojans and other viruses. Even worse within the past three days I have been hit with antimalware doctor, antivirus 2000 (I am not sure if that is the proper title for it but it keeps running my computer on a proxy server) and last but not least a version of the google redirect virus.

4.) Since the viruses started appearing I have been having trouble with my screen. For example when I am streaming from a website and come out from full-screen mode, my screen gets distorted, icons go missing on my desktop and browser, my bottom toolbar disappears as well as the "Start" button. The distortions also come randomly even when I am browsing randomly and not watching anything.

4.) Lastly, for the past few months I have been getting blue screens referencing ati2vag and saying something about an infinite loop.

I really need help I do not want to lose my computer and even more so I do not want my information being hacked and stolen. my current anti virus programs are, Avira Free antivirus, Malwarebytes anti malwaware(free version), and yesterday I downloaded a free trial of Hitman 3.5. I have used all of them, erased viruses and rootkits, ran disk cleanup and disk defragmenter, but many problems still persist

Any help will be appreciated and a qucik reply will be even more so.

Advertisements

Appleoddity

Appleoddity

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello Amonra17. You are definitely dealing with a significant malware infection here, and you will need to get that taken care of before any other "problems" are discussed. Its quite possible all the problems are related to your malware infection.

Have a look here: http://www.geekstogo...cleaning-guide/

Then, start a new topic here: http://www.geekstogo...alware-removal/

You'll want to have your system cleaned of malware, then if there are further problems, come back to this thread and we'll continue from there.