Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Another gagp30kx.sys hang...

• Please log in to reply

arkb

arkb

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My computer hangs at gagp30kx.sys when started in SafeMode, and hangs at the windows load screen when started in normal mode. I've seen on the forums that this is a fairly common problem with K8V SE Deluxe motherboards, so I tried following some common advice by using the recovery console. However, when I try to use my XP install disk or a recovery disk to go into the repair console, the XP installer won't detect my hard drive.

Some thoughts and relevant info:

I only have one drive, and it's connected to the motherboard via a single ATA cable, not IDE. I've had an issue or two with the SATA drivers in the past, but the windows installer seems to be loading the SATA drivers, so it seems strange to me that there might be an issue with the motherboard detecting the hard drive. Also, I previously slipstreamed the drivers into my XP install disk.

The problem didn't arise after installing new hardware or software. The computer froze while running a game, and it hung on startup when I rebooted it manually. It occurred to me that the issue might have something to do with the AGP card, but I don't understand why that would interfere with startup, especially since I'm having no display issues.

Advertisements

arkb

arkb

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Make sure that ur hardrive is connected correectly and if it is then change hd cable & install reginout to fix this problem m sure it will helps u

The hard drive is connected properly and the cable works fine. Windows wouldn't be loading system files off of it during startup if that weren't the case...

Taomech

Taomech

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
ArkB,

If you have a Windows XP installation disk, please follow these steps.

1. Place the installation cd into cd drive. Enter the BIOS at startup and change the boot order so that the CD drive is first, followed by the hard drive.
2. Save and exit the BIOS.
3. You should now boot into Windows XP Installation. At the first screen, press R to enter the recovery console.
4. At the recovery console, type chkdsk /r and press enter.
5. Wait for chkdsk to finish. Once it is finished, remove the cd from the drive and allow Windows to boot.

If you need help or clarification, feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Taomech