Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Antivir

• Please log in to reply

Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Please help, Antivir has got my computer blocked, I can not get on line, it says it is infected and wants to sell me the Antivir Solutions Pro, fake edition of course. I can not open the browser, I can not open files, I can not open the controll panel, and I can not run a scan with anything. I am on a different computer in another room, my machine is an old Dell 1050, XP. I am going through withdrawles, and find myself setting down infront of a dead computer,, I miss my buddy,,, Please help me if you can, Thanks.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I suggest you go to the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal Forum and run all the steps located in the
START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own.
If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post the reguested logs in THAT forum.
If you are unable to run any of the tools then start a new topic in the malware forum and put this in the subject line...I am unable to run any malware tools

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here

Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

I suggest you go to the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal Forum and run all the steps located in the
START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own.
If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post the reguested logs in THAT forum.
If you are unable to run any of the tools then start a new topic in the malware forum and put this in the subject line...I am unable to run any malware tools

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here

Thank you, I will try that.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
:)

Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I am sorry,, your suggestion's advice is to have me download, I can do nothing with the computer in it's condition. I am stuck. Cant get on line to download.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts
If you have any capability at all to be able to access the computer, then download the programs to a flash disk or cd, etc from a working computer and then copy them to the affected computer and run them.

Have you tried safe mode and restore?"

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yep doing as 123Runner suggest will work. Then copy the logs from those programs and include them in your first post in your malware topic. We have a lot of people who have to do that not only in the malware forum but here in the tech forums.

Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I have tried in safe mode, to restore to when things ran best, but it did not help. I will try from my sons computer here, to download to a disc,, I will be back. Thanks

Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
We downloaded the fix's to a disc, and while in the safe mode, I can not get it to download off of the disc to the desktop. It starts the disc drive for a few seconds, and then stalls. Even tried it in regular mode, and it does the same thing, only with popups saying (what ever I try to run) is infected, and do I want to run the antivir scan. I think,, I think that I may just reboot the whole shooting match.

Jacobred

Jacobred

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Rename the fixes to random names, for example boo.(whatever the extension was before hand, exe, scr)

The virus probably has an array of programs to block you from running.

Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Rename the fixes to random names, for example boo.(whatever the extension was before hand, exe, scr)

The virus probably has an array of programs to block you from running.

oh,,,, good idea,, I will start over,, thanks Jacobred.

Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Tah dahhh!!!! I am back in business! As far as I can tell, things are working great,, no issues,,yet. Thank you all! Am I finished here?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
That depends, did you get the all clear from the malware staff or did the self help steps get everything straighten out?

Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
The self help, and Jacobreds tip, seemed to do the trick, as far as I can tell. The computer is running great. I have only had one other issue about two years ago. This computer is 7 years old, so I do not get the chance to dig in and actually see how the system works. Thank you for your dedication to this site and the support you give to knuckleheads like me. Best Regards: Mort

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
That is great t hear. Congratulations. :) for a successful resolution for your issue.

You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed us to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :) :)