Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 codec/ vc-1 stutter

• Please log in to reply

dovedescent7

dovedescent7

• Pip
  • 6 posts
OMG It has now been almost a year and i am having the worst luck with this stupid vc-1 vid playback.COUNTLESS hours i have googled and ggogled etc etc etc...I seem to give up on this on a monthly basis.

Problem is i cannot FOR THE LIFE OF ME play any vc-1 mpeg .ts files on my WMp, VLC,OR MPC-HC

I defintly have FLAWLESS playback of blu ray M2ts and mkv and the old avi divx xvvid.. Even the 1080p plays PERFECT x264

BUT I CANNOT play any wmv9 or VC1..... I have this movie for MONTHS that i cannot play...........

I KNOW my system can play it because ive heard of others doing it

I have, an ACER REVO 1600 Win7 x86 with an NVIDIA ION LE going out hdmi to my LCD 52" sammy + 4gb ram
I have VLC,WMP12,MPC-HC, CoreAVC with cuda (which i NOW has nothing to do with VC1)
and Klite codec,shark 007,haali,and some other random stuff.....Not all actually configured, or even installed yet though...I dont know what i am doing with all the darn settings so i dont wanna break anything.

IM SURE i dont have them all configured properly since my recent RE-attempt at getting this [bleep] file to play..... (today)

I have no idea what to do...I JUSt updated my graphics card stuff today too....Im so frustrated i could break something.......

Please i hope someone has an answer...that works............My girl and i REALLY want to spend our quiet rainy night watching our IMAX presentation in the cool air conditiong...Please,please,please HELP!!!!!!!!Someone?

Edited by dovedescent7, 25 July 2010 - 12:59 PM.

Advertisements

tholley

tholley

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
Something FISHY about this post!

dovedescent7

dovedescent7

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Something FISHY about this post!

FISHY as in actually "FISHY" because the capitols would actually suggest you mean fish-like.Otherwise,do you have any answers for my issue?This is a technical forum right?Not a sea creature discussion,or did i post in the wrong section?

tholley

tholley

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

if someone fixes my prob,ill send an invite to a way exclusive download site....
Its worth my last invite to a VERY special place..

That is what is fishy (yes stinky smelling) and doesn't belong.

Good luck if anybody else wants to help...

dovedescent7

dovedescent7

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
The Fish is gone