Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD issues, help?

• Please log in to reply

rommpinturtle

rommpinturtle

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I've been running on Catalyst 10.5 and decided to update to 10.6. When I updated it, I started randomly getting blue screens of death. I've run driver sweeper and reinstalled Catalyst 10.6 but now I'm still getting the exact same problem.

Here are my specs:

Hard drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue WD3200AAKS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

RAM: A-DATA 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model AD2U800B1G5-DRH

Power Supply: SILVERSTONE ST50F-ES 500W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

Graphics Card: XFX HD-567X-YNFC Radeon HD 5670 (Redwood) 512MB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w/ATI Eyefinity

Case: Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ,comes with Three Fans-1x Front Blue LED 120mm Fan, 1x Top 140mm Fan, 1x Rear 120mm Fan, option Fans-2x Side 120mm Fan

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H AM3/AM2 /AM2 AMD 785G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

Processor: AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition Callisto 3.1GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 80W Dual-Core Desktop Processor HDZ550WFK2DGI - OEM

I just reverted to 10.5, but they aren't installing correctly. It says that it installs correctly but then I restart my computer and it says that no ATI drivers are installed. I had the 10.5 driver installed previous to trying to install 10.6. SO how could I get 10.5 or 10.6 to work?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
well, first ati drivers (for reinstall) are normally created at C:\ATI\Support. So the full program should be available for reinstall.

Next, I recommend revo uninstaller (pro)(free 30 day trial): http://www.revouninstaller.com/

once program is uninstalled, please reinstall the version of ati drivers that you wish to use. I wouldn't be suprised if 10.6 drivers would not work after a clean install.

suggested reading:
http://www.revounins..._questions.html

How to uninstall programs with Revo Uninstaller?

There are two ways to uninstall programs with Revo Uninstaller:

Important: Please, try to close the application you want to uninstall first!

Select the application in the list of installed applications and press the "Uninstall" button in the toolbar, or right-click the application and click the "Uninstall" command in the displayed menu. Revo Uninstaller will show an uninstall wizard, which will give you 4 options to choose from:

* Built-in uninstall mode - run only the application's uninstaller without any additional scanning
* Safe uninstall mode - includes the Built-in mode and performs additional scans in the Registry and on the hard drive to find leftover items that are safe to delete. This is the fastest mode.
* Moderate uninstall mode - includes the Safe mode and performs an extended scan to find all of the application's leftover information in the most common places of the Registry and on the hard drive
* Advanced uninstall mode - includes the Moderate mode and performs a deep and thorough scan to find all of the application's leftover information in the Registry and on the hard drive. This is the slowest mode.

I used Windows’ Add/Remove Programs to uninstall a program several months ago. Can Revo Uninstaller still find those leftover items so I can delete them?

Yes, Revo Uninstaller Pro can do that! If the program is not listed in Revo Uninstaller you can Use Forced Uninstall option in Revo Uninstaller Pro, which does not require a program to be installed - just browse to its folder and enter its name.