Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Google redirect and delayed loading

• Please log in to reply

Lynxzy

Lynxzy

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey there guys, Luke here, would just like to say thanks in advance for just being out here to help people like us!

Basically, I have removed a lot from my computer since I got a malware virus. But since then, I have had your usual google redirects AND weird delays in loading web pages, almost as if my internet is slow for a couple of seconds, and then speeds up to normal. I am not sure if it's only affecting the browser or the whole of internet use on this computer.

I am in no way a beginner with computers, but due to always having NO issues with a virus or even malware, since this has come along I am stuck in a beginner's mindset and would really really appreciate it if you guys knew what could be the problem.

Unfortunately, due to the infection on my computer, I could not run gmer.exe to create a log... as I open gmer, it will scan briefly and then decide to create a blue screen of death! Not cool I know.

I used Malwarebytes when the infection was at it's prime. It was a rogue antivirus called "Antivir Pro". I went to safe mode and deleted the malware from there. Then when I could actually use the computer, I used Spyware Doctor to also unravel a couple of other malware programs and a few trojans too!! So yes, the initial damage has been removed, but these little aftermaths of errors are reoccuring and are very annoying!

I have got a HijackThis log, a mbam log and a OTL log, I am not sure if you really need the gmer log or not, but I would be really thankful if you could suss it out from these!!

Thank you guys and good luck!

Luke

PS: I am posting the logs in individual posts, as the attachment system doesn't seem to work for me!

Advertisements

Lynxzy

Lynxzy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Here is the OTL and Extra .txt's attachments.

Attached Files

Lynxzy

Lynxzy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I do apologise for this, it seems after trying 3 different browsers, Google Chrome is the only able to attach (one at a time only though).<br /><br />Is there a website you could recommend me to upload them to for you?

EDIT: I have uploaded all logs plus a new combofix log into a .rar file on 2shared.com here is the link, and sorry for any inconvenience!

http://www.2shared.c...YNXZY_LOGS.html

Edited by Lynxzy, 24 July 2010 - 10:09 AM.