Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Accidentally turned off monitor

• Please log in to reply

oppsagain

oppsagain

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, anyone who can help....I was trying to adjust the settings on my monitor (dell laptop) and clicked to disable the device, now the computer starts up but the screen is blank. How can I enable the monitor again??? If it matters the process I used to do this was Control panel>>Display>>Monitor, then at bottom of window was option to disable (it was enabled, of course). Computer restarted went to start up screen but no image. PLEASE Help me!!!

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
A couple possible ideas, but I do not know if they will work.

Try safe mode and if you get a display you might be able to do a system restore to a previous time. or,
Hook an external monitor to the laptop and see what you get.

Taomech

Taomech

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
Hi Oppsagain,
I agree with Runner's recommendations.
When you first turn the computer on, does anything display at all, or is it completely blank from the moment you press the power button?

Thanks,
Taomech

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Suggestion for you to try which should enable you to restore factory settings;

1:Restart your laptop,
2:Press "F2" during the boot process to enter the BIOS, certain models may use a different key, the key will be displayed during the boot process, for most Dell models the key is "F2."
3:Use the "Alt" + "F" key combination to load defaults.
4:Press "Esc" on your Dell laptop keyboard to save and exit.
5:Choose the "Enter" key to save all changes and exit the BIOS screen, allow your laptop to restart for BIOS settings to save.
Let us know if this helps.