Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Itunes could not connect to the itunes store. The network connection t

• Please log in to reply

kopdiamond

kopdiamond

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I keep getting the following message when trying to enter the Itunes store -

"itunes could not connect to the itunes store. The network connection timed out.

Make sure your network settings are correct and your network settings are active, then try again.
"

"iTunes could not connect to the iTunes store. The network connection was refused.

Make sure your network settings are correct and your network settings are active, then try again."

I haven't been able to get into the store all day, and this is the first time its happened for awhile, last time it happened Im not sure what i did to fix it, as a matter of fact i think i left it, but i don't want to leave it this time around and was wondering if there was anything i could do to fix it? I've tried many things, but nothing seems to work so far, any other tips? I've seen the majority of tips on here, but nothing is working for me. :)

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Connection to the internet fine? Any firewall running?

kopdiamond

kopdiamond

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Connection to the internet fine? Any firewall running?

Yes, its working fine. Im no IT whiz but from what i can gather firewall is on, however a box that says:

"Block all incoming connections, including those in the list of allowed programs" is un-ticked, should it be ticked? :)

kopdiamond

kopdiamond

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Still not working...... :)

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
If it blocks all incoming connections, included trusted ones, of course it wont work :)

kopdiamond

kopdiamond

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

If it blocks all incoming connections, included trusted ones, of course it wont work :)

Ha, sorry...I'm not very bright.

Well just to inform you, i fixed it, in the simplest way, i was listening to music, and then i click the link "recommended for you" and it took me to the store, then its worked ever since, i then backed out of itunes and went back in, and it connected me straight away. :)