Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Direct Access Component"

• Please log in to reply

JayyCee

JayyCee

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey everyone, I don't really know much about computers so I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong board!

I'm trying to install expansion packs for The Sims 2 on my computer (I'm using Windows XP). I've been able to successfully install five of the games onto my computer but whenever I put in the disc for the next two games, a popup appears thats looks like this (also note that little speech bubble at the bottom right corner?) It appears for about 10 seconds then my computer automatically restarts itself, no matter if I send or don't send the error report, or even if I don't click any button at all. I turned off automatic restart and now it takes me too a blue screen that says something along the lines:

Page_Fault_In_NonePaged_area
- Disable BIOS memory options (Caching/shadowing)

Can someone please help me? The discs aren't the problem I don't think, because they worked for my sister and they worked on this computer before I had to do a total destruction. Thanks in advance!

Advertisements