Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows not booting

• Please log in to reply

auToeXec g33k

auToeXec g33k

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:)

hi,
i have a problem with my pc running windows xp sp2. I have also installed ubuntu 9.04 "inside windows". My pc was working great when one day i turn it off and when i try to turn on again the initial screen appears and then i see a black screen with a blinking cursor. It does not even load the screen to select an operating system so i cannot access advanced options by pressing F8. I can load up my BIOS and all settings are correct. Ram HD etc are all detected. 1st boot device is set to hard disk.
I am now using the computer with the ubuntu cd in the cd drive with the option "try ubuntu without any change to your computer". I can access all my files so i know my hard disk is fine.

specs -
Processor - AMD PhenomII x4 810 processor 2614 Mhz
Memory - 1792 MB
Mainboard - XFX-MB-N785-8209
Video - NVIDIA GeForce 8200 512mb
Hard Disk - 500 gb

I would really appreciate your help. :)

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
We had a similar problem a while back. It might be a good read for you.

http://www.geekstogo...h-blank-screen/

SRX660