Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Battlefield 2 CTD

• Please log in to reply

Lt.T.Peck-Face-

Lt.T.Peck-Face-

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

Im trying to run bf2 on my new pc. This is my system:

Packard Bell
ixtreme M3720
Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50 GHz 2.50 GHz
4.00 GB RAM
64 Bitsbesturingssysteem
Windows 7
Nvidia Geforce GT220 1024MB

I update all my drivers using Driver Whiz & Uniblue DriverScanner

Now my problem:

I can start bf2 without any problems, but after i load a map, i can play for about 10 to 20 minutes before it CTD. No error message. I only play the game on single player. I have a 2 MOD's installed called unlock123 (just becaurse i want to play with all the weapons in single player) and bf2all64 (to play big map on single player). I never play online because my internet is to slow for it, but i still would like to be able to play to whole game in single player, not just the 16 player maps.
The game still crashes to desktop without these MOD's so its not that, but i just whanted to be honest about them beeing on my PC.

I hope someone can help me.

Greatings Face

Advertisements

coolguyace

coolguyace

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Ya ive been having that same problem i know a solution maybe for you (if you have a Vista). the reason y i cant do it is because i cant pull up reg editor on my computer but if you can i can find you a solution. ill be back in a min

coolguyace

coolguyace

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
go to Run, type regedit, navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Wow6432Node>Electronic Arts>EA Games>Battlefield 2". Now create a New String by right clicking in that directory, select "New String", name it "InstallDir" and in the Data put "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Battlefield 2" (or wherever you have it installed). Save it, verify everything is correct, and run the patch.
:) hope it works!

Lt.T.Peck-Face-

Lt.T.Peck-Face-

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

go to Run, type regedit, navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Wow6432Node>Electronic Arts>EA Games>Battlefield 2". Now create a New String by right clicking in that directory, select "New String", name it "InstallDir" and in the Data put "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Battlefield 2" (or wherever you have it installed). Save it, verify everything is correct, and run the patch.
:) hope it works!

Unfortunatly this string already exists, so this is not the problem.

coolguyace

coolguyace

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
oh srry. do you at least know how to get reg editor back on a computer if its not existing?