Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Freezes When Waching Videos Online

• Please log in to reply

Apocalypse_VC

Apocalypse_VC

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
When I try to watch something on YouTube or any other site,as soon as the video starts to load my computer freezes.I can't do anything about it,except for turning it off by pushing the power button and when Windows loads back on everything is all fine.This is really irritating,I would like to get rid of this problem.

Advertisements

tholley

tholley

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
A little info on the specs of your computer would certainly help.

BrettM WinTeam

BrettM WinTeam

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
If its your computer freezing and it just started a few days ago then you more than likely have a virus eating up your RAM memory, if its a newer computer that is (1 year old or newer) if its just the browser then it could be your internet connection.

Either way have an anitvirus installed ( i suggest AVG its free and works very well)
If its your memory then you'll have to suck it up and put some more in it (2gb is a decent amount for an every day computer)

Post some more info about your machine and ill be able to help you out even more!

I hope this helps!

Brett M,
Windows Outreach Team

Apocalypse_VC

Apocalypse_VC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Specs:
-Less than a year old (got in in Dec 2009)
-Acer Aspire 5542-5462
-AMD Turion II X2 M500 (2.2Ghz, 1MB L2 Cache)
-ATI Radeon HD 4200 Graohics
Upto 1919MB HyperMemory
-15.6" HD LED LCD
-4 GB Memort
-500 GB GDD
-DVD Super Multi DL drive

Yeah,this never happened before.It started about 2-3 weeks ago.I installed AVG,ran the scan and cleaned up my laptop,but the problem still exists.

Apocalypse_VC

Apocalypse_VC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Bump.

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Your specs would indicate you shouldnt be having any issue. Browser? Also, download Process Explorer from my signature and attach a shot of it open.

Apocalypse_VC

Apocalypse_VC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Your specs would indicate you shouldnt be having any issue. Browser? Also, download Process Explorer from my signature and attach a shot of it open.

I use Firefox.Also,how do you want me to take this pic ? Print Screen ?

Apocalypse_VC

Apocalypse_VC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Some help would be appreciated.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
http://www.bleepingc.../topic3616.html

The link I provided has plenty of cleaners malware removal tools and all of them are free.

Apocalypse_VC

Apocalypse_VC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
I downloaded some of the programs and run scans,nothing was found and the problem still exists.

Advertisements

Apocalypse_VC

Apocalypse_VC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Is there really no solution to this ?

Apocalypse_VC

Apocalypse_VC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Guys please I need your help! I'm really frustrated right now,and I feel like breaking this crap in half.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

I use Firefox.Also,how do you want me to take this pic ? Print Screen ?

To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard. It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
Now go to Start and then to All Programs
Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop

Attach it to your next reply

I suspect that you have some malware on your computer causing issues that we are not able to solve through means we can use here in the Tech Forums. I suggest you read the 'Start Here' topic found here. With these self-help tools you have a high chance of fixing the problems on your own. If you are still having problems after following Step 3 of the guide, continue with Step 4 and 5 and post in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run any programs, Please create a topic stating what you have tried so far and that you are unable to run any programs. Also, Please do NOT post the logs in this thread.

If you are still having issues after the malware expert gives you a clean bill of health, Please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).
Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here

Apocalypse_VC

Apocalypse_VC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
I took 3 print screens to show all the programs listed.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.jpg
  • 2.jpg
  • 3.jpg

Apocalypse_VC

Apocalypse_VC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Bump