Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Freezes When Waching Videos Online

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If the system is actually freezing as you say there should be a event written for it.
  • Please download the Event Viewer Tool by Vino Rosso VEW and save it to your Desktop:
  • Double-click VEW.exe
  • Under 'Select log to query', select (as appropriate):
    • Application
    • System
  • Under 'Select type to list', select (as appropriate):
    • Error
    • Information
    • Warning
Then use the 'Date of events' or 'Number of events' as follows:

Either:
  • Click the radio button for 'Number of events'
    Type 3 in the 1 to 20 box (or any number from 1 to 20)
    Then click the Run button.
    Notepad will open with the output log.

• Click the radio button for 'Date of events'
    In the From: boxes type today's date (presuming the crash happened today) 29 11 2010
    In the To: boxes type today's date (presuming the crash happened today) 29 11 2010
    Then click the Run button.
    Notepad will open with the output log.
Please post the Output log in your next reply

Advertisements

Apocalypse_VC

Apocalypse_VC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Once I click on run,the Notepad pops up,but it says:
Cannot find the C:\VEW.txt file.
Do you want to create a new file?
Yes|No|Cancel

And I've click on each option and tried it again,yet the same thing keeps happening.

D-Berd

D-Berd

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
Do another print screen and post it, make sure you show as much as you can. Don't show personal info.

Apocalypse_VC

Apocalypse_VC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Alright,my laptop just survived a blue screen of death thingy.The problem happened about 30mins ago,and per usual I had to turn it off by holding down the power button.Once Windows was loading again the BSoD appeared,and I couldn't catch the error.

This is really frustrating because I've posted this topic in July, and ,since, I've not received any solutions whatsoever. I have a lot of information on this that I don't want to lose.Please help me!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If the BSOD is happening when you bootup then do the following to stop it so you can get the info.
  • Start your system and at the Second post screen tap on F8 to get to the Boot Menu
  • Use the Arrow Keys to Scroll down to the line that says "Auto Start On Error" and highlight it.
  • Click Enter to disable it
  • The system should reboot and if not then do so.
  • When the BSOD shows it will stop so that you can reply with the STOP ERROR and any parameters.