Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop crashed...had to reinstall windows...pix lost

• Please log in to reply

Lee128

Lee128

• Pip
  • 1 posts
For some unknown reason my laptop drive crashed...so I had to take the disks and reinstall windows, etc. I had a lot of photo albums in "My Photos". I see they are not there now...but curious if they are really gone...and should I use one of these online sites that say that if I download their product that it can restore my photos? Does this really work? Thanks for any advice.

Advertisements

tholley

tholley

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
By reinstalling Windows, you probably wrote over those files, and not much chance of recovering them, unless you had them stored on a different partitions.

Before you do much more you can try a recovery program like Pandora, and maybe get some of them back.

http://www.pandorarecovery.com/