Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell laptop will not boot normally!

• Please log in to reply

lilbirdie

lilbirdie

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hi

I have a dell xps M1330(vista ultimate) . I downloaded Microsoft security essentials yesterday and threafter started experiencing issues with my laptop.

At first the screen started blanking out for every 5 minutes due to some display problem.After that it just refused to boot up normally.

At most it gets to the blue screen and then it loses it. The screen looks fuzzy like(a television without reception/antenna)only more colorful. :)

Then it blacks out.

The auto repair isnt working. I logged into safe mode and tried uninstalling microsft security essential and it comes up with an error code.There is no uninstall
available in safe mode! :)

Tried system restore but to no avail.

Everything works abs fine in safe mode/ safe mode with networking.

Also tried scannow (it found 3 corrupt files but couldnt repair).

Please help!

Cheers

Advertisements

tholley

tholley

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
Don't know how Security Essentials could have caused all those problems, but I would attempt to do a repair install if you have your recovery disks.