Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express - new mail not showing up

• Please log in to reply

jessicalmccann

jessicalmccann

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
I'm using Outlook Express for gmail. Today my computer battery died so it shut down. When I restarted, all emails in Outlook Express since 7/7 have been deleted. And when new email comes in today, I can hear the "new email" sound, but the email doesn't show up. I did a search for any email before 7/27 and after 7/25 and it doesn't up with anything. Any ideas of what might be wrong here?

I wasn't compacting at the time, and there are no .bak files in my Recycle Bin.

Thanks!

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Can you log into your gmail account and check for problems there? Your missing email is probably there.
Johanna

jessicalmccann

jessicalmccann

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Thanks - it is there, in gmail.com, but I can't figure out why it wouldn't show up in Outlook Express. It makes the "new mail" sound in OE and then nothing shows up...not in the Inbox or in any subfolders - so I don't know where it's going.