Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to turn off domain account lockout

• Please log in to reply

KelJu

KelJu

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I just moved our entire facility over to a domain. Everything has gone fairly painlessly, but now I have one PC that continuously gets locked out. Problem is that this is a computer than many people use. I need to turn off the account lockout feature on this PC only. I don't care if the administrator is currently logged on. When a user needs to logon to this PC, it needs to work. Currently users are hard booting the machine to get into it when I am not reachable to unlock it.

Advertisements

tuckered

tuckered

• Pip
  • 2 posts
oopps

Edited by tuckered, 27 July 2010 - 06:59 PM.

tuckered

tuckered

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Try this here

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
are you talking about the domain account lockout where if you type the wrong password in multiple times it locks the account?

or are you talking about inactivity on the desktop? i.e. the computer get's left for 10 minutes and when someone comes back it's got the "the computer is currently locked by <user>"?

if it's the second one, that's a screensaver setting (require password when resuming)....that's a VERY VERY good security feature and keeps people from getting access to stuff that they don't need (which is the whole point of a domain, if you're not wanting to actually control access to things like this, then why go through the trouble of setting up a domain?). your best method would be to actually train your users to LOG OFF instead of just walking away from the desk.