Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Google Directs - HACKED FTP INFO

• Please log in to reply

John Kelly

John Kelly

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Hey I don't know what type of malware or virus i have, but it's a pretty good one.
About a week ago i had a problem where i couldn't open any Security software, the 'virus'
was preventing that from happening.

Luckily, i got that taken care of, and my pc seemed to running like normal. But NOW
i've noticed that i can't click any of the search results in Google without being
redirected somewhere else.. That's problem #1..

The other problem is i 'think' that whatever i have on my pc, it has somehow gotten my ftp information for my websites. I talked to my host this morning (host gator) and they said:

"The account was injected with .htaccess redirects that caused the sites to go to natebennettfleming.com I removed the .htaccess files that were injected."

So not only is my pc corrupt, but now it has access to my websites? I've changed my ftp information already, but i'm afraid that they can easily get my information again unless i rid the malware that's on my PC.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated..

Thank you!

Advertisements