Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Writing a simple macro

• Please log in to reply

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts
My daughter needs a simple WORD2007 macro, one that will type out a set of words ("Words to be typed out.") at the press of one key. Can this be done in WORD2007? If so, would someone please show me how? I have not been able to navigate the WORD Help screens. Thanks much. .... Batpark

Advertisements

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Would these help:

Record or run a macro
Applies to: Microsoft Office Word 2007

Videos on how to make macros

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts
AstroNut: Thanks. I'll pass along your suggestions. But I am still not clear: Can I write a simple macro -- such as typing "XYZ" at one key stroke -- using WORD itself, alone, or do I have to buy an add-on program like MacroScheduler to do so?

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Look under the View menu at top and all the way to the right. The Macro selection is there to View or Record Macros.