Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Enabling Wireless gave me Blue Screen of DEATH!

• Please log in to reply

Pam_goodall

Pam_goodall

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Apologies for the dramatic title. I cant seem to get wireless working anymore. When I go into the Device Manager and right-click on "Intel® Pro/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI Adapter" and enable it, I get an instant BSOD. Ive tried it twice with the same result. Im running Windows XP SP3. Ive check that the driver is the latest version and it is. Also I do not have any questionmarks in the device manager.

Would really appreciate some assistance here.

Advertisements

Pam_goodall

Pam_goodall

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
anyone please???

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Pls post stop message and error codes on the BSOD if it immediately reboots disable restart on failure so you can read the BSOD message
My initial research leads me to ask "Is this a Dell computer"

If so it is a known problem, check if this is the driver you have, if NOT download and install this one
http://support.dell....5&fileid=135925

The installation instructions are on the link.
Pls check first that it is for your computer if it is a DELL
If not post back pls

Edited by Macboatmaster, 28 July 2010 - 03:50 PM.