Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lines down monitor

• Please log in to reply

pottersfriend

pottersfriend

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I have inherited a very nice Toshiba Qosmio G10-106 running Windows 7 Ultimate. Everything works fine except for annoying fine red "tramlines" running down the monitor across the entire screen. The lines do not show up on any windows opened thru IE although some of the text shows slightly reddish on this window for instance.
When playing video CD's however the lines are very prominent.
I believe I have all the latest drivers.
Anyone else with any experience of this phenomenon? I am at a loss as to what else to try.
Many thanks,
Dave.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Have you tried a different monitor to see if the issue is the system or the monitor?
That would be the firsts tep to take to cancel out the monitor or the system as the issue. This will give us a more precise direction to look in.

pottersfriend

pottersfriend

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Have you tried a different monitor to see if the issue is the system or the monitor?
That would be the firsts tep to take to cancel out the monitor or the system as the issue. This will give us a more precise direction to look in.

pottersfriend

pottersfriend

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Many thanks for the swift response. I hooked up a second monitor. Same problem. However system then crashed (black screen) was able to get it up and running again but have since discovered that the Windows 7 prog the previous owner had installed is illegal!!!
Will have to sort that before anything else. Possible this is the cause? Software conflict?? I have a C of A sticker on the machine for the original XP system.
Will come back later. Thanks again.
Dave.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yep thats going to be a problem with the OS system being illegal.
Probably should look into contacting Toshiba and purchasing the original Recovery Disk for the system. They should be fairly inexpensive compared to almost 100 USD for a OS alone.