Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need 32 bit IE8

• Please log in to reply

cigrselr

cigrselr

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm having problems with Flash Player. Found out that 64bit IE8 and Flash Player have problems. Went to use the 32 bit version of IE8, but it is no where to be found on my Vista Home Premium 64 bit OS. How can I install the 32 bit version? Can't seem to find any place to download it from. Everytime I try to download IE8, a notice says I already have it loaded, or if I get it to download, when I try to run it, it says it's not a valid win 32 bit app.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
64-bit Windows Vista & Windows 7 have both 64 & 32-bit versions of Internet Explorer built-in.
The 32-bit version of IE is included because you'll obviously need to use it where certain add-ons
(such as Flash) aren't yet available in 64-bit.

In your 'Start' menu you should see two entries for Internet Explorer on a 64-bit OS.
One should say 'Internet Explorer 64-bit' while the 32-bit version simply says 'Internet Explorer'