Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Choppy framerate, need some help please.

• Please log in to reply

rommpinturtle

rommpinturtle

• Pip
  • 3 posts
So whenever I play World At War, Alien Swarm, or Call of Duty 4, they have this chopiness. I had Vsync turned off. I have Windows 7 Ultimate. This happens throughout the whole time I play these games.It gets choppy, like the framerate is perfectly normal and smooth, but about every half a second it almost stays on the same frame for maybe 1 5th of a second, this may not seem like much, and the times are estimated, but this gets very annoying.

Ok so my max temps while playing WAW for my CPU was 70c, max temp for my GPU was 55c. I have the 10.7 ATI drivers, the most updated one. Is there a part in my computer that makes it Choppy? What can I do to fix this? It isn't choppy on Call of Duty 2 with max settings, or The Witcher on medium settings. But I even tried out the worst possible settings on World at War and it was still choppy. Help please?

Here are my specs:

Hard drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue WD3200AAKS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

RAM: A-DATA 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model AD2U800B1G5-DRH

Power Supply: SILVERSTONE ST50F-ES 500W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

Graphics Card: XFX HD-567X-YNFC Radeon HD 5670 (Redwood) 512MB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w/ATI Eyefinity

Case: Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ,comes with Three Fans-1x Front Blue LED 120mm Fan, 1x Top 140mm Fan, 1x Rear 120mm Fan, option Fans-2x Side 120mm Fan

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H AM3/AM2 /AM2 AMD 785G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

Processor: AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition Callisto 3.1GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 80W Dual-Core Desktop Processor HDZ550WFK2DGI - OEM

Advertisements

rommpinturtle

rommpinturtle

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I just got this CPU heatsink:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835200026, because someone said that it could be CPU throttling causing my micro sluttering.