Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Prob with IE, but Safari works perfectly

• Please log in to reply

Rasherling

Rasherling

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,
For the last month or so, only Safari will engage on my laptop. Internet Explorer will act at first as if it's loading, but then will stop without a window even opening. Showed it to a friend who works in IT. He said he was fairly sure it wasn't a virus of any sort and suggested resetting the whole system but the prob is that I somehow need to access my internet searches from two years ago. Is this possibe? And does anybody have any other ideas about the browser prob???

Thanks,
Ash.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Um, why do you need access to internet searches you did two years ago?

Rasherling

Rasherling

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Um, why do you need access to internet searches you did two years ago?

My sister needs to find out the date she first looked up certain material for her thesis. It means I can't reset anything until I find that out for her! Do you've a solution?